Friday 9 January 2009

OLD JUNK OR TREASURE?

I found the must beautiful story in last Saturday's guardian, by a journalist called Christine Finn. whilst clearing her families home after the death of her parents she stopped to take a picture of their mantelpiece, she then had it framed and it now hangs over her fireplace. I hope you can just about make out the image I've scanned in from the news paper.

I wish I had had the forsight to do this with my Granddads home. I did keep a small 50s' ashtray which sat above the electric fire, I always loved this as a child, as it was covered in brightly coloured glass beads which looked like boiled sweets. I still think it's a lovely thing and keep meaning to get it box framed.

You can still read the artical on the guardians web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment